Urban Meyer today on the Big Ten teleconference previewed the team's upcoming road game against Penn State:
- He described running back Miles Sanders as an outstanding player, but added it's quarterback Trace McSorley whose competitive spirit is what makes the Penn State offense go. Plus, this year's Nittany Lion offense is one of the better ones he has seen.
- On the other side of the ball, Penn State has an effective defense with a very active front.
- Meyer is concerned that the Buckeye defense has been giving up big plays, and they're about to face a big play offense.
- The team's attitude has been good, Meyer said. Also, he likes the way Dwayne Haskins is managing the offense.
- Linebacker Tuf Borland, who suffered an Achillies injury in the spring, is no longer on a "pitch count," so he can play as many snaps as the Buckeyes need.